Tuesday, March 20, 2012

7 months of Audrey

Dear Audrey,

You turned 7 months over the weekend. It also happened to be St. Patrick's Day, but it was a dreary, rainy day so we stayed inside all day and ate chocolate chip pancakes with mommy's best friend Jenna and her children. Well, you didn't eat the pancakes but you loved to grab at them! You are so active and able to wiggle and wriggle these days. You even started pulling yourself up today on the push toy! It's all happened so fast.

I look at you lately, and mostly I see your beautiful brown eyes. They are happy eyes.  Inquisitive, sensitive, curious, joyful eyes.

And they are eyes that I am so familiar with because they are my eyes. I caught my reflection in the mirror recently, and when I saw myself, I gasped and said to myself, "I look like Audrey!", though I suppose it's the other way around.

It's amazing to look at you and see my reflection, and just one more reminder that you will always be a part of me, and I, a part of you.

I love you, always and always.

love,

mama


1 comment: