Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'm sick with a yucky cold and feeling sorry for myself. These are the days when I miss my mom the most. Because no matter how old I got, my mom always took care of me when I was sick. (that's what moms do.) When I was little, she let me sleep in her bed when I wasn't feeling well. As I got older, she'd make lemon zinger tea and chicken soup. And when I wasn't living nearby, she would listen over the phone and give me tips on how to feel better and send me emails to let me know she was thinking of me.

I wish she were here so I could lay my head in her lap and feel her hand on my forehead. My mom had strong, firm, capable hands. Not wussy girly hands. They were the hands of a trustworthy nurse. I miss them. I miss my mom.

(originally posted 9.24.11)

No comments:

Post a Comment