Thursday, September 29, 2011

gratitude

This has been a long week, filled with a lot of this:


I am tired. I am worn. I suspect that if I had a free moment to actually look in the mirror, I'd find a couple gray hairs on the top of my head.

And yet, tonight I feel so blessed. My girls are healthy and amazing little humans. And I get to raise them with the most wonderful man I know. Here are a few reasons I am feeling gratitude for my husband Gary:

1. He cooked me eggs benedict last weekend! He even made the hollandaise from scratch:

2. He looks sexy "wearing" our baby Audrey in the Ergo carrier. I mean, really...is there anything hotter than a man carrying his baby....while making me breakfast?


3. He is watching the girls for me this weekend so i can get a massage and a pedicure.

4. He is always thinking of me and bringing me special treats.  He went to the drugstore for something this week and bought 4 different tabloid gossip magazines for me. Just because he knows they are my guilty pleasure.

5. He's really just a big kid at heart


6. He loves me unconditionally. He doesn't give me a hard time for walking around wearing t-shirts with breastmilk stains on them. And, on that note, he supports my choice to nurse my babies.

7. He works incredibly hard every single day to provide for our family, allowing me to be a stay at home mom like I desire.  

8. He is ridiculously excited about feeding and caring for his worms! (He has worm bins for making compost.) He treats the worms like family and it makes me smile.

9. He wrote me a sweet love letter on Facebook out of the blue, sharing  his appreciation for me.

10. He has the biggest heart of anyone I know. I am proud to be his wife,

1 comment: