Tuesday, October 11, 2011

everything looks better with a good night of sleep

the title pretty much says it all.

Audrey slept well last night.  She settled in for bedtime at 9:30 pm, woke at 3 am and 6 am to nurse, and otherwise slept through with minimal grunting. I feel like a million bucks.

Incidentally, I think the bad nights of sleep were related to her constipation-- it's really amazing how much young infants are ruled by their digestive systems. Contentment is pretty much contingent on three things: food, pooping, and snuggling close to mama.

snuggling with mama


We are having a good week. I don't really have any deep thoughts to share but I do want to share how proud I am of Juliet!  She stayed in the church nursery for the entire 2 hours this morning while I was at my leadership meeting for MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers).

This is a huge step for her, because she generally hasn't been able to stay in the nursery at all without going into a full-on panic and inconsolably screaming for me until the nursery worker comes to retrieve me. I still refuse to force her to "cry-it-out" in these situations, since I believe that she needs comfort instead of discipline...but it has been an extremely stressful situation for both her and me, and such a relief to know that she may be getting to a point of being comfortable with being away from me on these rare occasions. I am perfectly okay with having a daughter who may need a little extra mama time than the other kids, but I am also feeling grateful that she did so well this morning!

My baby is growing up...sigh...here she is learning to climb up the slide at my friend Jenna's house yeserday!
up the slide!
That's about it for now. I am looking forward to all of the fun Halloween events we have coming up. How about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment