Monday, April 16, 2012

spring cleaning

I've been doing a bit of spring cleaning today. Watching an episode of Hoarders is always good motivation to make a big donation pile for Goodwill, isn't it?

I pulled out a box of old clothes that's been hanging out under our bed. Summer clothes that I packed away before we moved to Seattle, and had no use for because it was too cold up there. And then I got pregnant and had no use for them because I got ginormous, and then I got pregnant again. So finally I was able to try them on, and tada! I was pleased to find that they all still fit, or were even a bit too big.

But to Goodwill they go- because the clothes that I found perfect and fashionable in 2006 to wear in the summer heat of Cabo San Lucas when I lived/worked there, don't quite work so much for a suburban mom of two in her early 30s.

For example, witness: the coral tube top and ruffled mini skirt combo. Farewell, single girl clothes from the mid-2000s...and may you find a good home. :)

I also have been going through old photo files on my computer to clear up some space on my hard drive. Spring cleaning of a different sort. Oh, boy, what a trip down memory lane! It wasn't so long ago that Juliet was this little, and when Anna the dog was still by our side, but it feels like a lifetime ago.
I miss Anna.

My beautiful firstborn baby. Juliet, 6 months

 I still remember this face, though! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment