Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Big sister gift

A friend of mine recently had a 2nd baby. I sent a little gift for her older daughter, as a "big sister" gift. Just wanted to share how cute it is for anyone looking for special gift ideas. It's a sling for baby dolls, so that big sister (or brother) can "wear" her baby just like she sees her mommy do.


I let Juliet "test drive" the sling before I sent it. It was a hit. I am sure this would be an extremely easy home sewing project, but because I am altogether unhandy with a sewing machine, I bought it from Etsy (find it here). 
















I think it's a great way to normalize babywearing in our homes. I recently saw a photo of Jennifer Garner's daughter carrying a pretend infant car seat (as the family just recently welcomed a baby). Everything I have seen in the tabloids about this family suggests that Jennifer Garner is a *wonderful* mother, and I can't help but wonder if her little cutie pie Violet might enjoy snuggling her baby doll in a sling more than lugging around that heavy pretend car seat. ;) 





Update: never mind! See, I knew I loved Jennifer Garner. Here's a photo of her younger daughter carrying a baby sling! And that, my friends, is the extent of the celebrity gossip I will write about on this blog. Sorry for the invasion of privacy, Garner/Affleck family! Cute kids, though!

1 comment:

  1. She seems so normal. She just seems like a "Mom" now. Thats such a compliment but kind of a put down at the same time, right?!

    ReplyDelete