Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Confessions

  1. The most recent pair of "mom shoes" that I purchased (Eccos) make me look like an Amish housekeeper. They are insanely comfortable but ugly as sin.
  2. I like the smell of breastmilk poop. Yes, I like the smell of Audrey's dirty diapers. I don't rub my face in them or anything, but it's a smell I'm going to miss. Kind of like sweet popcorn.
  3. I do not like the smell of Juliet's diapers!
  4. I'm letting Juliet dip her fingers into my latte and lick the foam while I write this blog entry. 
  5. I really do think my children are better looking than other people's children.
  6. I haven't mopped my kitchen floor or the bathroom floors in a shamefully long time.
  7. I'm pleased that I am below my pre-pregnancy weight. Mothers can still be vain.
  8. I let my daughter watch cartoons every single day. She watches them so I can have the quiet time to put the baby down for a nap or bedtime.  Sometimes she watches them just because I need a damn break. Don't call CPS on me. Her favorite right now is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
  9.  The chronic sleep deprivation has made me stupid. I can't think straight much of the time.I hope it's not permanent. Even still, I want another baby (eventually).
  10. I think I'm doing a pretty good job. Most days anyway.
  11. As I wrote down #10, I looked down at the baby in my arms and realized she had orange marker all over her face! I gave her a marker to hold to distract her (sitting at the table with Juliet as she drew a picture, and I blogged) and the top came off. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment