Friday, February 17, 2012

6 months of my darling Audrey

 Dear Audrey,

You are 6 months old today. I love you, my sweet, happy girl.

You giggle all of the time now, and it is the best sound in the world.

You're not my little newborn anymore. You are strong, vigorous, and growing. I have no idea how tall you are or how much you weigh, but you're starting to outgrow the 6 month clothes and move into 9 month clothing. You are still nursing well and I'm proud that you're getting such great nutrition and growing so well.

I love the quiet time I have with you in your room when you nurse. It's our special time together and I will always cherish the memory of sitting in your nursery in the dim morning light, rocking you and nursing you while the rest of the house sleeps. I love how you reach up to hold my face while you nurse, and then cling on to my shirt in your sleep with your precious little baby fingers.

You are sitting by yourself so well now that I've started putting you in the bath tub with Juliet every night for an evening bath. You love it! As soon as I put Juliet in the bath, you start lunging your body toward the tub and making it quite clear that you, too, want to be in the water. Juliet loves to have a new bath partner and scoots over to make room for you, patting the water where she wants you to sit. You splash the water with vigor, and giggle when Juliet hands you a new toy to splash. You have a joie de vivre that just radiates from you, and it makes me beam.

I love you, forever and ever. I'm so lucky to be your mama.

Love,

Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment