Tuesday, January 3, 2012

in gratitude to...

1. The double swaddle:
Have you ever heard of the double swaddle? It's a pretty funky swaddle technique that is really easy, and looks ridiculous. Recently, Audrey has been breaking out of the veclro swaddlers much too easily and waking herself up. And it has become evident that she still needs to be swaddled to both fall asleep and to stay asleep. So I went back to the double swaddle, which I learned at a moms group held in Seattle at an awesome place called Birth and Beyond. Here is a link to a video that shows how to do it. Audrey has gone from taking a 25 minute nap and waking up very unhappy and still-tired, to sleeping for 2-3 hour stretches and waking up with a smile. Thank you, double swaddle!


2. Zulily customer service:
I was all set to write a scathing review of Zulily this morning. I purchased a pair of (See Kai Run) shoes for Juliet. It took 3 weeks for them to arrive (normal since it's a discount site, but still), and then when they arrived yesterday, not only was it the wrong size, but it was also the wrong shoe altogether! I was so annoyed. I called customer service, and the nice lady with the Southern accent helped by: 1) sending me the right pair of shoes, 2) giving me a $10 credit on a future order, and 3) letting me keep the wrong pair of shoes instead of sending them back! The "wrong" pair is a size 7, and completely adorable,  just one size up from what I ordered, so essentially I got a free pair of ($50 retail) shoes for Juliet. Woo hoo. Thank you, Zulily, for proving me wrong about you.


3. Boudreaux's Butt Paste:
Juliet loves oranges. The problem is, that she gets a terrible, awful diaper rash every time she eats them. I keep thinking that she'll be "over it" and allow her to have a small little clementine or an orange off our backyard tree, and then it becomes quite obvious that her body doesn't tolerate the citrus yet (ever?)
Thank you to Boudreaux's Butt Paste for making her bottom better!

No comments:

Post a Comment