Friday, January 20, 2012

20 months of Juliet

Dear Juliet,

You turn 20 months today. I don't know how long I will keep counting your age in months because at some point it becomes a little hard to do the math in my head. For instance, I am 382 months old. Try doing that without a calculator!

But every month still really does make a difference at your age. There are so many discoveries and developments that happen in these days of your life, that it's still worth memorializing the occasion.

This month was the month of THE TODDLER BED. A day after Christmas, you decided that it is really fun to climb out of your crib. Like, really, really fun and you did it during every consecutive nap and nighttime sleep. So our hand was forced. As much as I'd love to have kept you in a crib until you got your driver's license, we had to make the switch. It just isn't safe to let you climb out since the fall from the other side could really hurt you.

So your daddy took apart the crib and we put you in the toddler bed. Much to my surprise, you've done great. You get out of bed a little early sometimes. Your daddy has gone in to soothe you in the middle of the night, and I've walked into your room in the morning to find you both fast asleep, you in your bed and your daddy balled up on the floor next to you.

These are the moments I long to remember. Your daddy and I tucking you in at night, surrounded by your beloved doggies. Whispering our prayers before bed, asking God to bless our family and keep us safe. Quietly leaving you in bed for the night, knowing that your dad will tiptoe in to sleep by your side if you are ever afraid.

I love you, forever.

love, mama

No comments:

Post a Comment