Wednesday, November 2, 2011

the grace of tomorrow

Today was not my finest day.

I was impatient with Juliet and had a very hard time controlling my frustration and using soft words and gentleness with her. 

I was short-tempered with Gary for no particular reason except that he had the unfortunate chance of being the only one around to receive my death glares.

I was annoyed that the garbage disposal broke, even though I'm the one who most likely broke it (by letting a toddler fork slip through.)  I was annoyed that the Santa Ana winds were blowing and making my eyes itch. I was annoyed that I have mountains of laundry to fold, probably 8 loads, and can't find a time when I actually have free hands to fold it. I was annoyed that Juliet threw her dinner on the floor, cried when she woke up from her nap, wouldn't let me put her diaper on, refused to sit in the shopping cart, and was doing all those other annoying things that a toddler is supposed to do. I was annoyed that Audrey didn't want to sleep anywhere but in my arms.

Now that the children are asleep and Gary has escaped me to run an errand, I have some time to reflect. (While watching Parenthood in the background- a great show, seriously.) What a beautiful life I have been given. Thank you God for the grace of having a tomorrow to wake up to and see my children and my husband and be a little bit better than today.
i mean, am i lucky or what?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you are lucky to have such adorable girls. Don't be too hard on yourself for feeling overwhelmed sometimes. Sometimes it IS too much to handle. You are doing great! Your girls are lucky to have you as their Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, so beautiful. And yes. Parenthood gets me every time, too! Love this.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete