Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dr. Audrey

Finn spiked his first fever last night, after a round of vaccinations. He was feeling so hot to the touch and fussy and the forehead scanner read 101.9. I worriedly hopped into a cool bath with him and then rocked him in the living room with a cool cloth on his forehead.

I was so concerned and focused on Finn that I was not paying much attention to the girls. But they sure were paying attention to me, anyway! Because this morning I walked into the living room to find Audrey gently placing baby wipes on Finn's head and quietly reassuring him, "it's okay, baby. Everything's okay."

It was such a sweet moment and a reminder that my children are watching and learning from me all the time, even and especially the unintentional lessons.

Finn is still running a fever today and I'm feeling so much tenderness toward him, and also some fatigue. I am also running a low fever and battling some pink eye, so my body is just not 100%. Gently reminding myself that these are the days I will ache for when my children are grown- the warm bodies seeking my comfort through day and night.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is so sweet and touching! Makes me yearn for Quinn to have a sibling to relate to like that :) Hope you both are recovered and felt well for the Berkeley weekend!
    xoxo Linz

    ReplyDelete